Catoosa Kids Day
On July 29th, the Catoosa Family Collaborative partnered with Primary Healthcare to organize Catoosa Kids Day at Tiger Creek Elementary School. Every year before school begins, community organizations, agencies, and nonprofits come together to provide free school supplies, community health information, health screenings, and fun activities for students and their families in Catoosa County. This year, 25 organizations participated and provided booths for families to get information on services and receive screenings.
Thanks to the support of the community organizations that participated we were able to:
- Host over 400 school-aged children and their parents who attended the event and provide the community access to health information, schools supplies, and fun games and activities for the families
- Provide 70 students with immunizations and health screenings thanks to the on-site services offered by Primary Healthcare Centers
The Catoosa Family Collaborative’s Annual Kickoff meeting took place on September 16th at the Colonnade Civic Center, with 40 Collaborative partners in attendance! The meeting focused on the previous year’s accomplishments and the introduction of the Collaborative’s new coordinator, Mallory Vaughn.
Positive Parenting Classes
In 2020, each Family Connection in the Northwest Region of Georgia received funds from the Pittoluch Foundation to support our “Building a Region of Resilience” Project, which targets families living at or 150% of the poverty threshold, children and families experiencing or at risk for child abuse and neglect, foster and kinship care, children and youth transitioning to adulthood, pregnant and parenting teens, and children experiencing trauma. For the first year of the grant, Catoosa Family Collaborative has used these funds to provide free parenting classes to fragile families in our county, with food and transportation also provided. The Positive Parenting Program’s 2021 fall cohort began on October 7th and will end November 18th.
Community Events and Trainings
During this first quarter of FY22, the Collaborative coordinator participated in these trainings, events, and meetings:
- Catoosa Government budget meeting
- Catoosa Organization Acting in Disaster (COAD) planning
- Catoosa Chamber Appreciation Picnic
- OA Scouting Conclave
- BSA Fall Ordeal
- Center for Hope Board
- Community Prevention Alliance Workgroup
- Region 1 Peer-to-Peer with Georgia Family Connection Partnership
- Building a Region of Resilience (BRR) Executive Committee
- BRR Community Awareness Subcommittee
- Retired Educator’s Luncheon
- Cloud Springs Elementary LSGT Meetings
- Catoosa Citizen for Literacy
- YMCA Branch Board meetings